Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Concord, CA or Sacramento, CA | Full-Time
|Location:||Concord, CA or Sacramento, CA|
|Posted:||June 3, 2022|
This is an exciting time to join Charge because we are growing rapidly, providing our employees ample opportunity for challenging projects and career development. We have earned our reputation as a leading provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the underground utility industry. We pride ourselves on our company culture, which emphasizes collaboration and an enthusiasm to solve our customers’ most challenging problems.
Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
In this role, you will work on the Accounts Payable (AP) team alongside a Senior AP Specialist, sharing accounts payable duties between multiple entities in a rapid and high-volume AP environment.
- Review and post weekly invoices, making corrections to invoices as they come back from Operations. This includes the regular and internal rejection batches. Ensure proper invoice backup.
- Answer inquiries from vendors and project managers regarding invoices
- Assist in training credit card holders to use Concur
- Enter Union Reports monthly for assigned entities
- Work with operations teams and other invoice approvers to resolve invoice coding and issues promptly. Perform weekly audits of ap batch log to ensure accuracy and progress on approvals and resolutions
- Ensure P.O. matching and/or HCSS sub hour reconciliation to vendor invoices are performed where necessary. Resolve discrepancies with PM’s and/or procurement team.
- Ensure invoices are all posted in the correct month, according to the month end close calendar. Obtain approval from Director of Accounting for any exceptions.
- Ensure positive pay is uploaded to bank within 24 hours of each check run (including special check runs)
- New customer and vendor set up to ensure correct input (using Foundation ERP software)
- Invoice coding to ensure invoices are posted to the correct job or GL account
- Ensure all AP checks are printed timely based on priority level (ie: funds requests, check runs, monthly union report checks, licenses, etc.)
Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist – What You’ll Need (Required Skills, Experience & Personality Fit)
- Prior experience in an accounts payable (AP) role in a high volume environment
Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist – Desired, Not Required
- Experience with Filemaker, Foundation, and P6 / Primavera softwares
- Prior experience working in a construction company
Hybrid role – you will work 2-3 days per week in office in Sacramento or Concord and the remainder in your home office.
Compensation hourly, DOE, + bonus potential, + 100% paid full benefits for you and your family, generous paid time off, and an employer funded retirement plan.
You must successfully pass a background and drug test prior to start date.
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.