Associate Civil / Electric Estimator
Concord | Full-Time
|Posted:||June 3, 2022|
Are you self-motivated, energetic and looking for an opportunity in Engineering and Design? Do you want to further develop your skill and experience in team leadership? Join our team and experience all that Charge has to offer! This is an exciting time to join our team. We’re growing at a fast pace and able to provide ample opportunity for career development.
The Associate Estimator receives daily leadership support from the Operations Sr Program Manager under the Director of Operations and is responsible for providing technical estimating support for routine projects, including, but not limited to: providing technical data; applying cost controls principles to investigate, analyze, and propose solutions to technical issues; assisting project managers, construction personnel, and other business partners to assess project needs, develop and document project scope, develop cost estimates, identify material procurement needs, oversee or conduct engineering design review, review engineering documents, and provide guidance to design group. The responsibility level of this position increases with experience. We place an emphasis on candidates with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Expectations: Scope of Work
This is an entry-level Estimator job that works under the general technical direction of more experienced Estimators. Initial assignments from the tasks below will require direction and supervision:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assists with or conducts project walkdowns and works with project team, including both internal and external clients, to establish scope of work, schedule, and cost commitments.
- Gathers technical information from field data and project team.
- Prepares cost estimates and develops budgets with Project team
- Investigates resources required to complete engineering and project-related tasks
- Providing feasibility sketches of new or modified installations to designers and engineers based on installed plant conditions
- Prepares project forecast for engineering, tracks progress, updates as needed, and provides periodic updates
- Provides guidance to design and contractor team members, and reviews design and technical documents
- Coordinating with other lines of business, ensures designs and technical documents meet appropriate criteria, quality, and job scope
- Under direction, reviews and approves project material procurement list, vendor drawings, equipment specification updates, and engineering material requests
- Participates in periodic design review meetings.
- Coordinates project activities with other disciplines for routine projects
- Under direction, provides construction support and evaluates and makes recommendations to resolve field construction problems
- High school diploma
- Experience or supplemental training
- Capable of qualification to specific work location requirements
- Has ability to provide an interface with Engineers, Field Design Engineers, and Field Engineers to define requirements for drawings, other documents, and data that accurately reflect field conditions and meet established criteria
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to build relationships and provide customer service and user support
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks
- A 4-year BS Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in engineering or construction desired
- Able to apply basic engineering principles and theory
- Prioritizes, plans, and recommends solutions for routine projects
- Effectively communicates both written and orally
- Approaches and plans work in an organized manner to meet project commitments
- Demonstrates good judgment when making decisions and recommendations
- Frequently shows initiative and takes action proactively
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.