Fleet Transport Driver
Dixon | Full-Time
|Reports To:||Fleet Manager|
|Posted:||June 24, 2022|
Charge is seeking a Fleet Transport Driver with knowledge of utility electric and gas distribution construction to provide safety leadership.
About the position:
The Low-bed Driver loads, unloads, and transports various types of heavy equipment, and construction materials to/from our shop and various job sites throughout the state. During the hiring process you will be subject to a driving test and must pass a pre-employment drug test.
The Fleet Transport Driver is responsible for ensuring operational safety and Driver compliance, consistent with Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements and regulations. The Fleet Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the company in the management of Fleet safety programs and ensuring the company’s compliance with all transportation & safety regulations. Emphasis is on Driver Compliance and Fleet Safety Programs in addition to ensuring all company policies, procedures are followed.
Responsibilities and duties
- Operate Lowbed trailer safely and efficiently on public highways representing the company in a professional manner
- Report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff
- Strong desire to keep Truck and Trailer safe, well maintained and clean
- Willingness and ability to operate or drive other construction vehicles/equipment.
- Assist with any other yard duties during down time
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week with flexible work hours
- Ability to operate equipment for loading and unloading with little or no supervision several times daily
- Strap & Chain the load safely and securely
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience
- Class A CDL License with Tank endorsement and current Medical Card
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to clean and grease own truck
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections
- Keep accurate logs of deliveries and time worked
- Safety conscience
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Exercise good time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current DOT Medical Card.
- Ability to safely climb up and on trucks and loads.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Ability to properly secure cargo using chains and load binding devices on equipment.
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.