Locations Vary | Internship
|Reports To:||Designated mentors|
|Posted:||September 12, 2020|
Charge internships are designed for students majoring in Construction Management, Engineering, and Business Administration. Throughout the summer, interns work to gain valuable experience in day-to-day construction management and field operations. Each intern is assigned to a specific department for the summer in various functions to perform meaningful work and interact with professionals on all levels. During the summer program, interns typically collaborate on a group project.
Engineering & Construction
Field Operations interns work closely with a Project Manager to assist in the following:
- Development of contract pricing
- Developing and improving tools used by engineering teams
- Generating and sharing RFI information
- Project documentation
- Scheduling projects and day-to-day activities of field crews
Engineering interns work under the guidance of an Engineer on the following:
- Supporting mobile home park (MHP) project designs: Assisting at site walks, creating mark-ups for drafting, designing gas and/or electrical systems, determining system components and materials.
- Supporting electric vehicle (EV) charging station infrastructure designs: Developing electrical layouts, performing switchgear loading calculations, performing cable sizing calculations, developing BOMs, etc.
- Supporting drafting: Using AutoCAD to create drawing sets for electric and/or gas utility distribution designs, developing/updating drawing templates, tool pallets, and blocks.
Marketing interns work under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Creating content for Charge social and digital platforms
- Writing features for the internal company newsletter
- Assisting with the strategy and execution of company website
- Interviewing Project Managers and company employees for spotlights of people and projects
- Using Canva for graphic design
- Assisting with the promotion of community outreach events and company initiatives
HR interns work under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Writing job postings in collaboration with the HR and Marketing teams
- Aiding the administration of the HR software
- Helping in recruitment processes
- Completing data entry for new hires
Data Analyst interns working under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Working within a team of analysts gathering and sorting data
- Auditing reports/dashboards to ensure accuracy
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other teams at Charge to create analytics reports
- Monitoring in-take requests/liaison between requestor and project controls
- Identifying opportunities for improvement by interpreting data and comparisons
Accounting and Finance interns work under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Updating W-9 forms pertaining to vendors
- Helping with enterprise enterprise resource planning (ERP) integration processes
- Working with month-end financial statements
- Preparing financial analysis packets for management
- Helping Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) teams
- Assisting the CFO with select projects
Information Technology (IT)
IT interns work under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Supporting the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Providing technical support to the organization
- Organizing and maintaining IT resources
- Helping the IT team with ERP integration processes
Procurement interns work under the guidance of a mentor to complete projects such as:
- Communicating with suppliers
- Planning the procurement of several projects
- Organizing and updating data by means of Excel
- Helping with inventory processes
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.