Concord, CA | Full-Time
|Reports To:||Project Manager Supervisor and/or the Program Manager|
|Posted:||September 27, 2022|
Project coordinators assist project managers in the safe, efficient, and high-quality delivery of large-scale utility projects. This is an entry-level opportunity for the construction and project management fields.
About the position
Are you self-motivated, energetic and looking for an entry-level opportunity in the construction and project management fields? Do you want to further develop your experience and skills in the areas of communication, organization, planning, and leadership? Project Coordinators assist project managers in the safe, efficient, and high-quality delivery of in large-scale utility projects. We place an emphasis on candidates with strong interpersonal and communication skills. These positions require a high level of integrity and reliability, and the ability to independently problem solve.
- Develop job setup packages and project folders.
- Assist with coordination of site preparation services.
- Monitor equipment rentals and track supplier and subcontractor vendor invoices to ensure validity.
- Obtain project permits.
- Track purchase requests and purchase orders.
- Monitor status of Underground Service Alert (USA) dates; verify project completion dates and compare to USA status. Notify project manager of any discrepancies.
- Monitor the timeliness of unit sheet receipt and approval. Review units for accuracy and completeness, and notify project manager of issues.
- Assisting project manager in weekly scheduling process, as well as monitoring active job list for required project completion dates
- Obtain and reconcile daily manpower reports.
- Assist in the development of close-out checklists.
- Prepare/process project close-out documentation.
- Create, share, and store timely and accurate project documentation
- Have basic computer and phone skills
- Able to communicate effectively in all formats
- Good at problem solving
- Cool under Pressure
- Construction industry experience
- Familiar with Underground Service Alert (USA)
This is an exciting time to join Charge because we are growing rapidly, providing our employees ample opportunity for challenging projects and career development. We have earned our reputation as a leading provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the underground utility industry. We pride ourselves on our company culture, which emphasizes collaboration and an enthusiasm to solve our customers’ most challenging problems.
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.