Project Manager – VPC
Sacramento, CA | Full-Time
|Business Line:||Charge VPC|
|Posted:||July 20, 2022|
This is an exciting time to join Charge because we are growing rapidly, providing our employees ample opportunity for challenging projects and career development. We have earned our reputation as a leading provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the underground utility industry. We pride ourselves on our company culture, which emphasizes collaboration and an enthusiasm to solve our customers’ most challenging problems.
Charge is seeking a Project Manager with strong skills in team leadership and project delivery, experience with underground construction and a proven track record of completing projects safely and with high quality.
The role of the Project Manager is to:
- Ensure that projects are properly planned, executed, and closed.
- Ensure that project decisions are made within the broader context of safety adherence and financial stewardship, and the need to meet customer and quality requirements.
- Provide support for the construction crews with respect to technical requirements and the management of scope, schedule, and resources.
- Assist the field operations team in the development and improvement of crews.
- Provide client management, communication, and support.
- Provide professional development of Field Engineers and Project Coordinators.
Expectations: Tactical Responsibilities
Tactical tasks and responsibilities of a PM may include (and are not limited to) the following:
- Safe execution of project work.
- Management and control of the project scope, schedule, and budget to ensure that company’s commitments to the client are met while verifying that the project financial goals are met.
- Discussions with the client to ensure goals of project are understood.
- Management and communication of project changes with the client and the project team.
- Leadership of the project team to clearly communicate the project requirement, scope, schedule and budget to the project team and supervision of the day-to-day activities of project task implementation.
- Active communication with the client to keep them apprised of project status and potential changes.
- Proactive identification of project issues and development of options for corrective action.
- Management of subcontractors and control of subcontracted work.
- Oversight of all procurement activities of goods and services; support for the preparation of proposals.
- Timely review and approval of vendor invoices.
- Project documentation and records management. Ensures the maintenance of complete and comprehensive project files of financial, regulatory, vendor, client and internal telephone and written communications on the project.
- Coordination with resource managers and project team (via project kickoff and status meetings) of the work scope, personnel assignments, budgets, and cost consistent with the client’s needs and objectives.
- Supporting the preparation of proposals, including the writing of assigned proposals, and development of cost estimates, profitability analyses, and schedules for completing the scope of work included in the proposal.
- Monitors and coordinates project implementation progress to assure conformance with project plans and/or need for change in scope.
- Review and approval of all client deliverables to assure the quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Development of a project staffing plan and selection of appropriate qualified technical personnel to perform specific project task assignments. Identifies the need for and recommends appropriate technical staff changes required to assure quality and timely implementation of assigned project goals and objectives.
- Leadership of the project team. Recommend opportunities for professional growth and technical development.
- Monitors project task performance against assigned budgets, estimates cost to complete by task, apprises management of status and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Monitors and reports the status of work-in-process and recommends appropriate action to declare revenue and invoice such work in a timely manner.
- Timely and accurate submittal of invoices. Monitoring and reporting of the status of accounts receivable and recommends appropriate action on overdue accounts.
- Directs activities of project staff/team and participates in the performance evaluation process of project staff/team members.
- Quality control of daily work reports.
- Timely and accurate identification, quantification, and submission of RFIs.
- Timely and accurate submission, negotiation and close out of change orders.
Expectations: Position Specific Standards
All project management work will be performed in accordance with the Veteran Pipeline Construction Project Management Plan. At a minimum:
- Project schedules will be updated weekly.
- Project team meetings will be held weekly.
- Daily work reports will be reviewed for quality and accuracy daily.
- Job costs will be analyzed and updated weekly.
- Job costs will be presented to the Program Manager and Leadership Team monthly.
- Job sites will be visited frequently to ensure quality, receive feedback from field personnel, and to provide leadership visibility.
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.