Dixon, CA | Full-Time
|Travel:||Infrequent to Moderate|
|Reports To:||QC Manager|
|Posted:||May 25, 2022|
As a Training Specialist, you will play an integral role in facilitating personnel development using various training programs that support departmental training initiatives. Utilizing curriculum planning, supporting enrollment coordination, collaboration with other instructors and schedulers, oversight of Company personnel participation, managing course evaluations and overall coarse productivity, assessment of personnel’s efficiency and ability to engage are key roles and duties required by the Training Specialist.
This position reports directly to the Senior Quality Manager and works closely in conjunction with team members in the Compliance and Safety department. This position will also work closely with company and division leaders to better understand their training needs and support in the development of training materials to meet those needs.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish Speaking)
- Experience in the construction field
Expectations: Scope of Work
- Support in the development of training materials to align with organizational goals and needs.
- Develop and recommend methods and materials for training and propose new curriculum ideas for group discussions, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Evaluate teaching methods and select the options that will aid in the delivery of material without unnecessary distraction, downtime, or confusion.
- Facilitate the instruction and presentation of training courses and assess how effectively different methods and materials are at encouraging personnel interaction and participation.
- Prepare training locations by ensuring all personnel have the correct tools, technical documents and resources needed to effectively learn the course.
- Facilitate a training curriculum that honors company ethics and conduct, is engaging and allows trainees the maximum opportunity to participate.
- Oversee general administrative duties, such as coordinating enrollment, scheduling class times and locations.
- Work in coordination with the Quality Manager, be responsible for setup and administration of customer required trainings (Veriforce/ITS).
Expectations: Tactical Responsibilities
- Support in the management and maintenance of existing training curriculum.
- Support in the management and delivery of companywide semi-annual training.
- Remain proficient and have a general knowledge of company required annual and new personnel training courses.
- Onboarding – training for any new employee.
- Company IIPP.
- Damage Prevention
- Fleet Safety (Class A)
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Hazard Communication (Haz Com)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- OSHA 10
- Specified Training
- CPR/First Aid
- Confined Space
- Competent Person / Trench Safety
- OSHA 30
- Veteran Power Infrastructure
- OSHA 10 for Electrical
- ISN assigned training requirements
- Veteran Pipeline Construction
- Skills trainings
- Support reporting of personnel training progress and completion.
- Customer Qualification Systems (Veriforce/ITS)
- CPR/First Aid
- Competent Person
- Annual Safety Training
Expectations: Position Specific
This position and function is pivotal to Charge and its field operations divisions and directly impacts the success in providing our customers with a highly trained and qualified workforce. The Training Specialist must have a mindset of always striving to improve the quality of the material delivered with methodologies that engage students, so they get the most out of the time invested in their training.
Why Choose Charge
INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
Education assistance, profit sharing 401k, incentive programs, floating holidays, flexible schedules, health coverage, and weekly payroll – these are just a few ways we keep our team healthy, happy, and invested. Join Charge and become a part of our family.
We work hard to be the most trusted provider of design, procurement, and construction services for the utility industry. Just as important, is the positive reputation we’ve earned as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best.
STAND FOR SOMETHING BIGGER
As builders of the grid, we understand the importance of safe and scalable energy distribution to the communities in which we live. We believe everyone should have reliable access to the energy that Charges their lives.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL
It is our core value to train, equip, and qualify our people to work safely, and design and build systems with the highest regard for the well-being of all. Our industry-leading safety rating stems from a significant investment in safety and quality programs.